What if the biggest conspiracy in human history had gone completely unnoticed?
What if that conspiracy was responsible for some of the biggest problems the world faces today?
Wouldn’t you want to know? Wouldn’t you want to do something about it?
Well guess what: You can.
The Masculinity Conspiracy is a free online book about masculinity. It argues that nearly every assumption about masculinity in contemporary society is wrong. The result is nothing short of exposing a worldwide conspiracy that has been preventing humanity from reaching its fullest potential.
- “Gelfer’s book should be read by all sex therapists, sexologists, coaches, participants in men’s and women’s studies programs, and mandatory in high school curricula, let alone in the hands of parents, teachers, clergy, psychotherapists” — Amazon
- “You have opened my eyes. Thank you” — masculinityconspiracy.com
- “This was a really incredible book that I’ve just finished reading, and am very grateful to have had the opportunity to read it” — masculinityconspiracy.com
- “sensitive, informed and brutally honest writing” — masculinityconspiracy.com
- “I have not used the phrase ‘scales fell from my eyes’ ever before but this made it happen. Thank you for an extraordinarily lucid, funny and exhilarating product.” — masculinityconspiracy.com
- “This book breaks new ground. The subject matter is bound to elicit controversy, but one that must be faced with humble courage for the sake of fostering human solidarity and ecological sustainability” — Mother Pelican
About the Author
Dr Joseph Gelfer is a coach and researcher whose books include Numen, Old Men: Contemporary Masculine Spiritualities and the Problem of Patriarchy and 2012: Decoding the Countercultural Apocalypse. He edits Journal of Men, Masculinities and Spirituality and has recently finished Masculinities in a Global Era to be published soon in Springer’s International and Cultural Psychology series.
If you have enjoyed reading The Masculinity Conspiracy and would like to work through any of the issues raised in the book with me on a one-on-one basis, I offer coaching sessions: more information here.
The Masculinity Conspiracy by Joseph Gelfer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at masculinityconspiracy.com.