What if the biggest conspiracy in human history had gone completely unnoticed?
What if that conspiracy was responsible for some of the biggest problems the world faces today?
Wouldn’t you want to know? Wouldn’t you want to do something about it?
Well guess what: You can.
The Masculinity Conspiracy is a free online book about masculinity. It argues that nearly every assumption about masculinity in contemporary society is wrong. The result is nothing short of exposing a worldwide conspiracy that has been preventing humanity from reaching its fullest potential.
- “Gelfer’s book should be read by all sex therapists, sexologists, coaches, participants in men’s and women’s studies programs, and mandatory in high school curricula, let alone in the hands of parents, teachers, clergy, psychotherapists” — Amazon
- “You have opened my eyes. Thank you” — masculinityconspiracy.com
- “This was a really incredible book that I’ve just finished reading, and am very grateful to have had the opportunity to read it” — masculinityconspiracy.com
- “sensitive, informed and brutally honest writing” — masculinityconspiracy.com
- “I have not used the phrase ‘scales fell from my eyes’ ever before but this made it happen. Thank you for an extraordinarily lucid, funny and exhilarating product.” — masculinityconspiracy.com
- “This book breaks new ground. The subject matter is bound to elicit controversy, but one that must be faced with humble courage for the sake of fostering human solidarity and ecological sustainability” — Mother Pelican
New Project: The Five Stages of Masculinity
The Five Stages of Masculinity is a model that sheds light on the different understandings people have about masculinity. Each stage offers its own challenges and opportunities. The Five Stages of Masculinity are:
- Stage 1: Unconscious Masculinity
- Stage 2: Conscious Masculinity
- Stage 3: Critical Masculinities
- Stage 4: Multiple Masculinities
- Stage 5: Beyond Masculinities
A detailed overview of The Five Stages of Masculinity can be read here.
Find out which stage you are at by using our free tool:
Both men and women can use the personality inventory as it is simply about how people perceive masculinity. The data gathered from the personality inventory will help us build an evidence-based picture of each of The Five Stages of Masculinity.
As a thank you for participating, each person who completes the personality inventory will receive a free subscription to the Future Masculinity online course.
About the Author
Dr Joseph Gelfer is a coach and researcher whose books include Numen, Old Men: Contemporary Masculine Spiritualities and the Problem of Patriarchy and 2012: Decoding the Countercultural Apocalypse. His most recent book is Masculinities in a Global Era published in Springer’s International and Cultural Psychology series.
The Masculinity Conspiracy by Joseph Gelfer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at masculinityconspiracy.com.